Thank you for reading Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). By accessing this website, or by contracting with us for service, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to you in connection with this service/website.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO respects the rights of our customers and users of our services to freedom of speech and expression; access to information; privacy; human dignity; religion, belief and opinion in accordance with our constitution. We undertake not to interfere with any of those rights unless required to do so by law; unless those rights are exercised for unlawful purposes; or unless the exercise of those rights threatens to cause harm to another person or affect the integrity of our network.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s services/website may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. We prohibit any use of our website/network including the transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using our network that violates any law or regulation of the United Kingdom
1. Any violation of local and international laws prohibiting child pornography; obscenity; discrimination (including racial, gender or religious slurs) and hate speech; or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm.
2. Any activity designed to defame, abuse, stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual in United Kingdom or beyond its borders; including any attempt to link to, post, transmit or otherwise distribute any inappropriate or defamatory material.
3. Any violation of Intellectual Property laws including materials protected by local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets. Moreover Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot be held liable if you make any unlawful use of any multimedia content accessed through the search facility provided by Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s network, or otherwise available through access to our network, whether for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
4. Any violation of the individual’s right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
5. Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including dubious financial practices, such as pyramid schemes; the impersonation of another subscriber without their consent; or any attempt to enter into a transaction with Canterbury Website Design & SEO on behalf of another subscriber without their consent.
6. Any violation of the exchange control laws of United Kingdom.
7. Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
8. Failing to respond to a request by a recipient of unsolicited mail to be removed from any mailing or direct marketing list and continuing to send unsolicited mail following such a request for removal. Where any user resides outside of United Kingdom, permanently or temporarily, such user will be subject to the laws of the country in which s/he is currently resident and which apply. On presentation of a legal order to do so, or under obligation through an order for mutual foreign legal assistance, Canterbury Website Design & SEO will assist foreign law enforcement agencies (LEA) in the investigation and prosecution of a crime committed using Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s resources, including the provisioning of all personal identifiable data.
The following sections outline activities that are considered an unacceptable use of Company’s services/network/website and also detail the guidelines for acceptable use of certain facilities/services, as the case may be.
Threats to Network Security
Any activity which threatens the functioning, security and/or integrity of Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s network is unacceptable.
1. Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorised access to the network or circumvent any of the security measures established by Canterbury Website Design & SEO for this goal;
2. Any effort to use Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s equipment to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account (“cracking” or “hacking”);
3. Forging of any TCP-IP packet header (spoofing) or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
4. Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any other person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person;
5. Any activity which threatens to disrupt the service offered by Canterbury Website Design & SEO through “denial of service attacks”, flooding of a network, or overloading a service or any unauthorised probes (“scanning” or “nuking”) of others’ networks;
6. Any activity which in any way threatens the security of the network by knowingly posting, transmitting, linking to or otherwise distributing any information or software which contains a virus; Trojan horse; worm, lock, mail bomb, cancelbot or other harmful, destructive or disruptive component.
7. Any unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on the network without Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s explicit, written consent.
8. Any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the recipients of those mails.
Public Space and Third Party Content and sites
In reading this AUP or in signing a service contract with Canterbury Website Design & SEO, you acknowledge that Canterbury Website Design & SEO has no power to control the content of the information passing over the Internet and its applications, including e-mail; chatrooms; news groups; or other similar fora, and that Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any of the abovementioned content, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any such content.
Our services also offer access to numerous third party webpages. You acknowledge that we exercise absolutely no control over such third party content, or sites and in such cases, our network is merely a conduit or means of access and transmission. This includes, but is not limited to, third party content contained on or accessible through the Canterbury Website Design & SEO network websites and web pages or sites displayed as search results or contained within a directory of links on the Canterbury Website Design & SEO network. It remains your responsibility to review and evaluate any such content, and that any and all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such content rests with you.
Access to public Internet spaces, such as bulletin boards, Usenet groups, chat rooms and moderated forums is entirely voluntary and at your own risk.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO employees do not moderate any of these services, or your communications, transmissions or use of these services. We do not undertake any responsibility for any content contained therein, or for any breaches of your right to privacy that you may experience as a result of accessing such spaces.
Unsolicited, Spam and Junk mail
Spam and unsolicited bulk mail are highly problematic practices. They affect the use and enjoyment of services by others and often compromise network security. Canterbury Website Design & SEO will take swift and firm action against any user engaging in any of the following unacceptable practices:
1. Sending unsolicited bulk mail for marketing or any other purposes (political, religious or commercial) to people who have not consented to receiving such mail;
2. Operating or maintaining mailing lists without the express permission of all recipients listed;
3. Failing to promptly remove from lists invalid or undeliverable addresses or addresses of unwilling recipients;
4. Using Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s service to collect responses from unsolicited e-mail sent from accounts on other Internet hosts or e-mail services, that violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet service provider;
5. Including Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s name in the header or by listing an IP address that belongs to Canterbury Website Design & SEO in any unsolicited email sent through Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s network or not;
Canterbury Website Design & SEO provides a spam and virus filtering system to protect customers from unsolicited mail and viruses. The customer acknowledges that this system might incorrectly identify a valid message as spam or as a virus and consequently this message might not be delivered to the customer. The customer acknowledges and agrees that Canterbury Website Design & SEO shall without limitation have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of any data lost as a result of this system.
Webmail and other web based email services made available by Canterbury Website Design & SEO are provided on an “as is” basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, and the customer acknowledges and agrees that Canterbury Website Design & SEO shall have no responsibility for, or liability in respect of, any aspect of the Webmail services, including without limitation for any lost or damaged data or any acts or omissions of Canterbury Website Design & SEO. As webmail storage space is limited, some Webmail messages may not be processed due to space constraints or message limitations.
Webmail is provided to individuals and for personal use only. Any unauthorised commercial use of the Webmail service, or resale of the Webmail service is expressly prohibited.
Website content and source code remains the property of Canterbury Website Design & SEO until it has been paid for in full. No source code will be supplied to a client under any circumstances until payment has been made in full.
In the event of a dispute over payment, Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to suspend the website until payment has been settled.
Once a website we have created has gone live and/or admin access has been supplied to the client (for WordPress, Joomla & other CMS sites) or FTP access, Canterbury Website Design & SEO absolves itself of all & any responsibility regarding the correct ongoing functioning of the website (other than hosting accessibility if hosted by us). The client, by paying the balance of the development fee and requesting administrator access, accepts that all website work contracted has been completed and takes full responsibility from that point onwards. Should a problem occur after this handover point, any troubleshooting or other issues that are required to be investigated and fixed, will be billable to the client at our regular web development rates per hour taken to resolve/get the site back to its original state.
This includes updates to CMS platforms (eg: WordPress), as well as any plugins that were used in the development of the site to create the client’s required functionality. Any updates & fixes required for security reasons or ongoing functionality that occur 90 days after going live, will be for the client’s account. Clients are advised NOT to update plugins themselves as these can lead to breaking elements of the code, and in turn, the site itself.
In the event of hacking of an an old, outdated website, there will be a per occasion backup & reinstatement fee commensurate with the size of the website to be reinstated. Clients are strongly advised to ensure their websites are kept current and have built in security software which is maintained monthly. In this instance, recovery will be done free of charge. Alternatively, to purchase and install an SSL certificate to secure the site.
All requests for assistance need to be emailed to info@CanterburyWebsiteDesign.co.uk detailing exactly what the issue is or what changes/additions are required. A quote will then be supplied based on the estimated timeframe, which the client will need to approve in writing before any work is undertaken. No telephonic support will be undertaken at any time. Once changes have been undertaken, the client has 5 working days to revert with any issues to said changes. Thereafter, additional changes will be billable.
The Canterbury Website Design & SEO Hosting environment is offered without uptime guarantees, unless specifically stated. Local Hosting refers to the physical location, and not the IP traffic and/or network routing. This means that the hosting servers are physically located within the boundaries of the United Kingdom
Web hosting service are payable monthly in advance. If payment is not received in good time, we reserve the right to suspend the site until payment has been settled.
Neither Canterbury Website Design & SEO, its employees, affiliates, agents, third party information providers, merchants, licensers or the like, warrant that Canterbury Website Design & SEO’ Server service will not be interrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Server service or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through the Canterbury Website Design & SEO Server service, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO expressly limits its damages to the Client for any non-accessibility time or other down time during the system unavailability. Canterbury Website Design & SEO specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising as a consequence of such unavailability.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO is not responsible if an external company network and firewall is setup to block access to services Canterbury Website Design & SEO provides. If a client’s network is setup to block certain ports or web addresses that compromise the services Canterbury Website Design & SEO provides it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that their network configurations are changed as necessary. Canterbury Website Design & SEO endeavours to keep a 4 day backup of the domain, the backup is of the last 4 days content only. It is advised that an off-site back up is kept up to date by the client as the Canterbury Website Design & SEO backup cannot be guaranteed.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that their website is maintained and secure, unless they are subscribing to one of our maintenance and/or security packages which are additional services, billed monthly.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO may at times, revise or amend its current Unlimited Web Traffic offerings relating to traffic allocations and disk sizes.
Protection of Minors
Canterbury Website Design & SEO prohibits customers from using Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, by hosting, possessing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including child pornography.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Canterbury Website Design & SEO respects the privacy and confidentiality of our customers and users of our service.
Customers are responsible for any misuse of Company’s services that occurs through the customer’s account. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that unauthorised persons do not gain access to or misuse Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s service.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO urges customers not to reply to unsolicited mail or “spam”, not to click on any suggested links provided in the unsolicited mail. Doing so remains the sole responsibility of the customer and Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot be held liable for the Customer being placed on any bulk mailing lists as a result.
Where the customer has authorised a minor to use any of the Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s services or access its websites, you accept that as the parent/legal guardian of that minor, you are fully responsible for: the online conduct of such minor; controlling the minor’s access to and use of any services or websites; and the consequences of any misuse by the minor, including but not limited to transactions entered into by the minor using such access.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot be held liable for any business dealings you have with any third parties on the Internet, including any vendors, or advertisers found on, or through, the Canterbury Website Design & SEO network. Further, Canterbury Website Design & SEO assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any charges you or any user of your account incurs when making purchases or other transactions in this manner. Further, the responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable customs and exchange control laws in connection with any such transactions shall be the customer’s.
Payment terms & Conditions
The amounts payable by the Customer are as set out in the Service Agreement.
Save for the initial payment, and subject to the Service Agreement, all monthly amounts payable by Customer must be paid monthly in advance on or before the first day of the month for which payment is due, and all other amounts payable must be paid within 30 (thirty) days of the date of the invoice.
All payments must be made in the British pounds sterling, free of exchange or deduction, by direct debit unless otherwise agreed in writing.
If the Customer fails to make any payment on the due date, Canterbury Website Design & SEO may, without prejudice to any of its other rights, suspend the performance of its obligations in terms of the Service Agreement, and will charge the customer a bounced debit order fee & suspension/re-connection fee as follows:
Canterbury Website Design & SEO may adjust the amounts payable by the Customer in terms of this Agreement to reflect any increase in the cost to Canterbury Website Design & SEO in providing the Services which is due to any factor, including those beyond the control of Canterbury Website Design & SEO, including without limitation, foreign exchange fluctuations, increased costs of third party services, alteration of duties, surcharges, taxes, rates or levies, increased costs of labour, materials or manufacture, changes in delivery dates, quantities or specifications which are required by the Customer or delay caused by any instruction of the Customer.
The Customer may not withhold payment of any amount payable in terms of the Service Agreement to satisfy any claim against Canterbury Website Design & SEO arising from this or any other agreement, and may not offset any amount payable in terms of the Service Agreement against any amount owing to it by Canterbury Website Design & SEO in terms of this or any other Agreement.
For those clients who are either out of contract or on a month-to-month contract, we require 1 full calendar month’s notice should you wish to cancel your service with us. Customers who are in a fixed term contract will be liable for the balance of payment of the contract should they wish to cancel before the end of the contracted period. Should a client who is in contract attempt to move their services (including their domain) away from us without having finalised the balance of payment for the contractual period, this will be seen as a breach of contract and matters will be handed over for legal action, the costs of which will be for the client’s account.
Complaints and procedures
It is the customer’s responsibility to familiarise himself or herself with the procedure set out below and report any cases of violation of this AUP to Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s designated complaints handling agent. Please note that Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot handle complaints concerning networks or users that do not have service contracts with us or our affiliates, or are outside of our control. In order for Canterbury Website Design & SEO to thoroughly investigate the complaint and take appropriate action, all complaints must be in writing, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and contain as much information as possible, including, but not limited to:
– The origin of abuse or offence, including the website, full mail headers, relevant logfile extracts etc;
– Any contact details for the source of the complaint;
– A brief explanation why the incident is considered to be an offence.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO discourages anonymous complaints being made via this service, and urges complainants to supply their name and contact details to us. Such information will not be released, except where required by law enforcement. Anonymous complaints will however be acted upon as long as sufficient detail as outlined above is supplied.
Action following breach of the AUP
Upon receipt of a complaint, or having become aware of an incident, Canterbury Website Design & SEO may take any of the following steps:
In the case of a network, inform the user’s network administrator of the incident and request the network administrator or network owner to deal address the incident in terms of this AUP and the ISPA Code of Conduct;
In severe cases suspend access of the user’s entire network until abuse can be prevented by appropriate means;
In the case of individual users, warn the user; suspend the user’s account and/or revoke or cancel the user’s network access privileges completely;
In all cases, charge the offending parties for administrative costs as well as for machine and human time lost due to the incident;
Assist other networks or website administrators in investigating credible suspicions of any activity listed in this AUP;
Institute civil or criminal proceedings;
Share information concerning the incident with other Internet access providers, or publish the information, and/or make available the users’ details to law enforcement agencies
Reservation and Non Waiver of Rights
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time, and without notice to you.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to take action against any individuals, companies or organizations that violate any of the prohibited activities set out herein, or engage in any illegal or unlawful activity while accessing our services, to the fullest extent of the law.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in this document and to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to suspend, revoke or cancel services to the customer/user if
a) Payment has not been made in full
b) The safety and integrity of Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s resources are placed at risk in continuing to provide service to the subscriber/user.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO reserves the right to remove any information or materials in whole or in part, that, in Canterbury Website Design & SEO’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO does not undertake to guarantee the security of any data passing through its networks. Although Canterbury Website Design & SEO will provide a “best effort” service, including regular updates on computer viruses and other threats to security of data, it is the responsibility of the communicating parties to safeguard their data, and Canterbury Website Design & SEO cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising as result of the failure to do so.
Canterbury Website Design & SEO does not waive its right to enforcement of this AUP at any time, or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should Canterbury Website Design & SEO fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time.